CloudCalc, Inc. would like to invite all those attending the annual State Convention of Structural Engineer’s Association of Texas (SEAoT) next month to visit us in Booth 28.
The 2017 Conference, which will be held October 26-27, 2017 in Corpus Christi, TX at the Holiday Inn Marina, 707 N. Shoreline Boulevard, in Corpus Christi is conducted in order to promote SEAoT’s mission, which is:
To support the structural engineering community, through continuing education, technology transfer, advancement of building code provisions, strengthening registration requirements, and enhancement of public awareness of the services provided by our members.
The conference which begins with opening remarks by Javier Carlin, P.E., SEAoT State President and ends with a raffle drawing in the Exhibition Hall, offers an extensive program of technical presentations – described in the conference advanced program — in between.
- CloudCalc promotes collaboration. Learn how using CloudCalc ensures that all project team members have access to the same data and the same version of the software so everyone can work in sync. Plus structural models are easily shared with others!
- CloudCalc promotes mobility. See how CloudCalc allows you to access, modify, and analyze your models from any device that supports a modern browser – whether that is the PC in your office, or a PC at home or in your client’s office – or a Mac, a tablet (Android or iPad), or even a smartphone. Consider how much better informed your decisions could be if alternatives were analyzed right on the spot with your mobile device, rather than waiting until you get access to your PC.
- CloudCalc is always up-to-date, all without IT support. CloudCalc has been adding new functionality at a rapid pace, with an update being released approximately every five weeks. The advantage of a cloud-based app is that you always have access to the latest version whenever (and from wherever) you log on — without having to wait for your IT department to perform any installation or upgrade. Many studies confirm that the cost of IT support for software typically runs between 2 and 5 times the license cost of that software, so consider how much money you could save by selecting software that requires no IT support at all.
- CloudCalc provides licensing flexibility. Engineering firms are used to experiencing a cyclic project workload – how easy is it for you to balance your software licenses against the cyclic workload? With the business model of perpetual licenses and mandatory maintenance charges that PC-based software typically offers, it is not very easy. Unlike PC-based software, the cloud embraces the pay-as-you-go SaaS (Software as a Service) model. With CloudCalc it is very easy to add licenses as needed, simply log on at cloudcalc.com and you are ready to go.
CloudCalc analyzes steel structures against the AISC ASD and LRFD codes. It offers the following features:
- Installs no software on your machine – it runs completely within most browsers
- Promotes mobility – runs on tablets or smartphones (Android or iOS), supporting gesture/touch commands
- Provides unlimited Undo and Redo
- Includes a database of 6,500 AISC, BS (British), IMCA (Mexican), and IS (Indian) structural shapes
- Performs static and dynamic (Response Spectrum) analysis
- Calculates natural frequencies and modes of vibration for the structure, plus animates those modes
- Checks results against the AISC ASD/LRFD code
Please come by Booth 28 at the SEAoT Convention to see all this, and more! If you can’t attend SEAoT’s State Convention this year, I invite you to check out CloudCalc, the scalable, collaborative, cloud-based structural engineering software. www.cloudcalc.com – Structural Analysis in the Cloud.
By Tom Van Laan
Copyright © CloudCalc, Inc. 2017